I was told on a message board that I kept someone from having a restful night’s sleep the other night because of my blog about the way dictators take over and which people they remove.
I understand. I have had a few restless nights myself in the last year. I wake up worrying about my family, my friends, and my country. It’s not my intent to scare people, but, on the other hand maybe we should be scared. I do apologize though!
Another friend suggested that maybe I should tell how I think we can solve this problem instead of just describing it. That’s always the rub, isn’t it?
This one is not an easy one to solve, but it is the one that doesn’t require superhuman skills. We are normal people. We are not on television, in government, or noted as celebrities. That’s somewhat of a disadvantage, but it can also be an advantage.
The disadvantage is that we can’t spread our message to thousands of people all at once. We have no national platform. No one will write articles about us, do interviews, etc.
The advantage is that we are real people. We aren’t actors, politicians looking for votes, or celebrities trying to shock everyone to get the most “follows.” Because of that, when we speak, people will believe that we are being honest about what we think. We don’t need anything from them other than listening and understanding.
We need to talk to other real people. People on our street, in the store, in the gym, in our families. So, how do we do this?
- Get educated and informed. Read History. Read about Politics. Read about economics. Find videos with good information from reliable sources. So many people now do NOT know history. So, when you talk to them about what is going on, they have no frame of reference. For example, when we talk about Marxism, Socialism, Communism, they have NO idea beyond what they have been told by their college professors, their friends, by Trevor Noah, etc. People who believe and promote any of those ‘ism’s” don’t tell the truth about them. They tell people how wonderful Castro’s Cuba is because they all get free health care. They don’t tell them about the squallor people live in. We have to tell them the FACTS. No, Marx wasn’t a sweet old man, Stalin and Lenin weren’t visionaries. These people need to hear about the millions they killed and how they subjected even their supporters to death and imprisonment. If you are educated and can give them an accurate portrayal, it will help.
- Ask questions. I love the videos where they interview people who supported Biden and ask them what he is doing that they approve of. Nine times out of ten they give you some BS answer or no answer at all.
- Instead of getting a book club together for fiction books, get one together for political or history books. It’s a good way to discuss ideas and learn.
- Watch liberal news or opinion shows. Yes, I know it is hard. But, if you can keep from hitting your television with a hammer when some of the talking heads speak, you can learn a lot about the arguments from the other side. You can’t fight what you don’t know.
- Steel yourself against the names and vitriol that will be headed your way. I have been called many horrible things and even been told that I am a psychopath. That is what people do when they have no argument that works. You have to be brave. We all do.
- Donate money to those groups, those organizations that promote the core values our country is based on. If you can, volunteer with those groups. You will meet so many good people. Once we know each other, we can fight against tyranny.
I really believe that when real, actual people TALK and listen to each other, we begin to understand each other. It doesn’t work for everyone, because, let’s face it, some people are too far gone. You won’t reach them. You have to let them go.
I know that there are more good people in this country than bad. I have to have faith in the fact that they won’t let a dictatorship do what I described in my blog post. Despite the fact that we have seen some people go overboard with the whole mask, vaccine BS that is going on, I don’t think that even those zealots would encourage violence against others.
And of course, we have to keep praying. Ultimately, the one power we have is our faith in Him.